Finally, the new MeteorClock update in iteration 2.2. Mostly done bug fixing and slight optimizations as well as added many more languages!
changes in 2.2
- Wind Direction shown in degrees for higher accuracy
- compressed backgrounds, widget is now only 1.5mb in size, saved 0.5mb! Reported were issues with out-of-memory errors – I’m optimizing where I can, although I think its more an issue with bada’s resource management itself
- [Bug] got rid of a forgotten debug message
- [Bug] fixed unit km/h – mph conversion of wind speed
- [Bug] using the End Call hardware key properly exits the fullscreen menus now, instead of making the widget get totally stuck
- optimized data storage to minimize discrepancies in adding and deleting locations
- new languages: Italian, Russian, Ukranian, Romanian, Turkish
Quick Fix 2.21
- fixed the language file, which was corrupted on compression
(Thanks for assistance Dmitriy!)
- when adding a location, the town name might display as null instead, just reload its weather info to solve this
- extremely fast toggling between locations and continuous hitting of the refresh button can end up assigning feed information to the wrong location, including the town name, to solve this: for now, be a little patient when retrieving weather info
- unfortunately, Ukrainian isn’t supported because bada doesn’t return any language code for it
[update] I was reported that Ukrainian in fact works for devices running the most recent bada version 1.2. But for instance, it doesn’t work on a 1.02 device.
In 10 Languages!
I’d once more like to praise the work of the many supporters and volunteers that helped in translating MeteorClock for a total of 10 languages now! Here are all the contributors:
- Bill Chan: Traditional Chinese
- siano: Polish
- Denis Decocq: French
- Dmitriy Moroz: Russian and Ukrainian *new*
- Adrian Paunescu: Romanian *new*
- Ali Yeteroglu: Turkish *new*
- Damia: Italian *new*
Your language not in?
If you are missing support for your language and would like to contribute a translation, just contact me! I got constantly updated texts which I can readily send to you and get everything handled smoothly.
Also, of course, a big thanks to everyone giving feedback. You have been a great help in developing improvements and fixes to make it a better widget!
Download and Install
- Just download the archive and unzip the .wgt widget file
- Copy MeteorClock.wgt to your Wave phone
- Execute the file from the Wave’s file explorer and agree to the installation
If you want to share this widget, please only link to this blog post and do not directly link the file. Do not distribute it elsewhere.
Like it? Support me
If you like the widget and want to help in its continuous improvement you can do so in providing new ideas and feedback, but also with a donation through Paypal. This would help me afford the time and gallons of coffee I need to invest to keep this project up.
If you are now curious about my work, you can also check out my NoteCraft project. You can also purchasing it as an another way to support me, and in return get to join the NoteCraft mission and help making bada a more productive platform.